Saturday, May 30, 2009

Daelyn's name.

I just realized I never posted about why we chose Daelyn's name, and I thought some of you might be interested. So here's the story to those of you who care to know.

The origin of Daelyn, is Dale, which is Dereks middle name, and his Dad's first name. We thought it would be special for her to be named in honor of her Daddy, especially since they share a birthday. We were still a little unsure about it though the first day or two, because it didn't really sound good with any of the middle names we were considering.

The morning after Daelyn's birth, I woke up in the hospital room, and the name Brielle popped into my head. Brielle was one of the names that I had on my list of names I really liked, but we felt it might be too similar to Brinley, and hadn't considered it as a middle name, and kind of forgot about it. When it popped into my head that morning my mind immediately tried it as a middle name with Daelyn, and I thought it sounded really pretty. We were still a little unsure, because we've always chosen middle names with a family significance. We eventually decided (after we were home from the hospital a whole day.) that since her first name had the "family significance" factor, we could choose the middle name that we just thought sounded really pretty. and wha La! Daelyn Brielle Larsen!

I also posted a ton of pictures today so scroll down if you haven't seen them yet.

No comments: