Friday, May 15, 2009

Daelyn Brielle

All right here's the post you've all been waiting for. Sorry it's taken me a while, I started it a couple days ago, but blogger isn't letting me upload pictures very well, so it's been a work in progress getting all those on here. (not to mention, I can only spend so much time away from the all-consuming task of sitting to stare at my beautiful new baby.)

Knowing that we'd be spending Derek's birthday in the hospital we decided to celebrate on tuesday night before we checked in to be induced. We did presents, and had cake and ice cream. It was also good to have some fun family time, before leaving our girls for a whole night and day.

Here's Derek with his cake, and it's 30 candles.


And the girls enjoying the yummy birthday cake.



Our friend Brandi came to stay with the girls. She got here in time to have cake and ice cream with us, and help get the girls ready for bed. After we got the girls all tucked in and sleeping, Derek and I gathered up all our stuff and headed for the hospital. Here's my final belly shot before we left. If you don't want to read the whole labor story, then here's the part where you can just skip through all the pictures.


Our Dr was so sweet to induce me late at night, so that we'd be sure to have her on the 13th. It was nice I thought to check in at night when all was pretty quiet. I've always just checked in got hooked right up to the pitocin, but this time, they tried this little pill that they insert up by the cervix. The nurse said that if I was close enough to going into labor on my own, that this little pill would get my contractions going, and push me into labor.
We were so happy when it started working well within just a couple minutes. And since I wasn't hooked up to the IV yet, I was able to walk around a bit, and get up if I wanted. I was even able to take a warm shower, which felt so nice, and helped with the contaction pain. We also were able to doze a little and get some sleep. (Derek a little more than I.) It was really a nice change from being in bed the whole time, hooked up to the IV and monitors.
The Dr came in and broke my water around 9 am or so. I progressed evenly but slowly,(more efacing than dilating since I was almost 4cm when I came in at 10pm) and made it to about 5 cm late morning(around 10 or 11?), and started thinking the epidural would be nice. The Anesthesiologist was AMAZING! When I told him how sick the last epidural made me, he even adjusted the medicines he used to hopefully help (which it did! I didn't throw up at all this time!) The Epidural was much better than the one I had last time.
The Epidural did slow down my contractions, and they ended up having to put me on the pitocin, but by that time, I was already stuck in bed, and on the IV, and it didn't take too much pitocin to get me going again.
They checked me a couple hours later, and I was extrememly frustrated to be at only a 6. Then my contractions started to get painful again, which made me even more frustrated cause I was still on the epidural, and my legs were completely numb, so I didn't understand why I was in so much pain.
They decided that the medicine had probably just settled too low, because I was sitting up more than I probably should have been. I layed back and hoped the medicine would rise to my abdomen again, and tried to settle in for a longer wait. Then the nurse came in and checked again, needless to say, we were relieved and surprised when she said that I was basically complete. (Like half an hour or so after they said I was only 6cm.)
They paged the Dr, and prepped the room, and had me do a couple practice pushes. Whenever I contracted or pushed, they would momentarily lose the babies heart rate, which told them there was a problem with the umbilical cord. This of course made Derek and I a little nervous and anxious. Once the Dr got there, I pushed through 2 contractions, and she was here. My fastest time as far as the actual delivery. (both others I pushed for almost half an hour.) Her cord was wrapped around her neck, but they untangled her, and she started to cry, and they laid her on my abdomen for Derek to cut her cord, and that's probably when I started to cry! She was so amazing, and she was here, and I was a bit pleased with myself for doing so well. I know thats not an incredible feat as far as labor stories go, but I'm gonna give myself credit for my own personal victories! I can't be as incredible as all of you other amazing women! (Like my friend Jocelyn who delivered her baby on Tuesday, and went from induction to 9lb 7 oz baby in exactly 45 minutes!!!!! You AMAZE me Joce!!!) I do feel that overall it was my best labor and delivery yet. Not being in the bed the whole time, not throwing up at all, not as much pushing, GREAT nurses, Great Anesthesiologist. (It was fun to have a couple nurses we personally know, and a couple more that have kids who Derek has taught in Seminary. Thats living in a small town for ya!)


She came at 2:14 in the afternoon, On May 13th 2009 (her Daddy's 30th birthday.) She weighed 7 lbs, 7oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. (My biggest baby so far, by 2 oz and 1/4 inch.) And Here she is . . . Daelyn Brielle Larsen
Here she is with my Dr.
Proud Papa (Happy Birthday!!!!!)
In our recovery room.
Daelyn & Holley. (we have video of her with Brin but haven't taken a snapshot yet, we'll have to get one.)
Home and in her own bed
I think they may have more in common than their birthday! What do you think?
With Daddy!
Our sweet little brand new Angel, Daelyn.

11 comments:

Alisha said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are soooo happy that she's here!!! She's very cute!

Steph said...

Yay! She is so cute. It looks like she might have dark hair. I so wish you were coming to California! Unhui said you wanted to, but because of the whole swine flu thing the Dr. said you shouldn't. Bummer! Anyways, I am glad things went well for you. We can't wait to see her!

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

what an absolutely beautiful little bundle of joy! Congratulations!

kitty said...

Tara - I seriously love the picture of Derek Shnoozin. It makes me laugh every time!! I am SO glad that your birthing experience was so fantastic. (I totally understand you on the throwing up issue). It is nice to absorb the moment rather than worrying about where your barf bowl is. Don't you love a good anesthesiologist? ( I think I messed up that spelling BIG TIME)

Anyway - I really love her name. It seems to be so fitting for her. It's super cute!! GOod job.

I don't know about you, but I can't get enough of my little one and her squishy cheeks. Wish this stage could last a little longer.

Well.... You did such a great job! I loved reading about your delivery. I hope you are all doing fantastically well. Don't be a stranger (cha right..... in between feedings, diapers and every day mothering!) Talk to you later.

kitty said...

Oh jeesh! Did I mention that she is SO beautiful?! I love all her dark hair. What a cute little bundle.

Julianna said...

She's adorable Tara! Congrats!!!!!! I'm glad the delivery wasn't too bad!

Emily Harkness said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

Congrats she is a doll!!!! I love her dark hair. SO cute!!!!!

Shayle said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful, just like your other sweet girls. How fun to have her on Derek's 30th! I can't wait for more pictures.

Danalin said...

Congratulations on a wonderful delivery to a wonderful babe. She is beautiful...but I wouldn't expect anything different coming from the two of you. Love you. Kiss her for me.

Keira said...

No matter how it happens, labor and delivery is a struggle and a victory for the mom! Way to go Tara! Your family is so beautiful, what a sweet new edition!