Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Sweet Brinley Su!

I just wanted to post something about my sweet Brinley. I've sure been grateful for her at this point in my pregnancy, she's been my escape, and my comic relief! She's either the sweetest most loving little thing you've ever seen, or a spunky little fireball, rarely anything in between.
The other day at dinner, Holley was having a fit about her food, she wanted the wrap that Brinley got, instead of the one she had, even though they were probably identical. We were trying to explain they were the same, and to convince her to just be happy and eat hers, and little Brinley just turned and held out her wrap and said ever so sweetly "here Holley!"
She's now consistently going in the big girl potty, Which in itself, makes me happy! (I don't want 2 in diapers afterall. She did revert for about a week or so, but is now doing really good again and is so proud of herself. She often exclaims to me one of the new phrases she learned in her training process! "I SO PROUD OF YOU." Silly how it can make my day, to have my 2 year old say she's proud of me when I make dinner, or do laundry, or even if it's cause I used the big potty too! She'll also make my day when she shares a cuddle, or says she loves me, or even just her little over the top way she says "Hi mom!" out of nowhere.
She simply seems to know when I need a smile or a laugh, and is ready to give it to me. Like the day we were driving home from taking Holley to dance class, and I purposely drove on the rumble strip, to see her reaction. I asked her "what's that noise?" and she responded with a giggle, "The car is lauging!"
I sure love the special Mommy-Brinley time we get to share while Holley is at school. It will be fun to see her as a big sister, and I hope it is something she will adjust well too. She talks excitedly about when her baby sister will come, and likes to put her hand on my belly and say, "give me five baby!"

I love you my sweet Brinley!

Here are some pictures from when she was sick a couple months ago. she wanted me to make her pancakes, which I of course did, since I felt bad she wasn't feeling well. She came in the kitchen to be with me and fell asleep on the kitchen floor, I went and got her pillow for her so she'd be more comfy. When she sat up and said she was hungry and wanted to eat, I handed her a pancake to try without syrup to see how her tummy handled it, and then she fell asleep again.

I then moved her to the couch so she'd be more comfy.

When she woke again and said she was hungry, I set up her little table and chair so she could watch tv while she ate her pancakes, and this is what I found a minute or two later.

The poor little thing just couldn't keep herself awake! So I brought her blanky over and tucked her in! I thought it was so cute!

Even just now, she saw these pictures and remembered the day, and pointed and said "Brinley Tummy hurt." I guess she thought it'd be fun to remenisce cause she just brought out her blanky and pillow so she could lay on the floor like she did that day.
Oh, how I love being her mommy!

1 comment:

Emily Harkness said...

I cannot believe how grown up she is!!! She is absolutely adorable, and those sleeping pictures crack me up! It is so sad when they are sick like that, but so sweet at the same time.