Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"One Horse Soap'n Sleigh!"

Today Holley asked me if there is soap on the bottom of Santa's Sleigh. I really didn't understand why she was asking that, so I asked her "What do you mean?" and she said "Why does the song say 'One horse Soap'n Sleigh?" I thought it was so sweet! I love being a mom and seeing the world through the eyes of a four year old. The other night she helped me turn on the outside Christmas lights, and sat at the front window for a while looking at them. She then came to me and excitedly told me "Mom, I can feel Christmas in my heart." I was thrilled that at her age, she feels Christmas the same way I do, it's that warm happy feeling that we get inside, and I loved that her telling me how she felt allowed me to pause for a moment and share that feeling and excitement with her.

No comments: