Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apparently, when the surgeons removed 10 inches of internal organs, and a pill sized camera from my body, they also removed my desire to blog. I think now that I'm feeling a little better, I'm so overwhelmed with trying to play "catch up" from all the things that have been ignored the last year or so. While the desire is gone, the guilt is not, and I feel there may still be one or two of you out there that care, so I thought an update was in order. If nothing else I need to get a pic or two of my cute kids out there.

Daelyn

Daelyn probably keeps me the busiest. She is full of mischief and loves climbing on stuff and getting into things. She's still chubbier than my other girls were, and gets to wear all new shoes (despite all the available hand me downs) because her cute chubby feet don't fit into any of the shoes her older sisters wore. She Loves to dance, and is always full of giggles.She also loves to SCREAM, and is really loud when she wants something. I'm sure she learned this from her sisters. Here's a picture from yesterday, when she found a marker her big sister forgot to put away. I do believe she thought it was blush.


Brinley Just turned 4 on Sept 26th. She loves being a "big girl" now, unless it comes to doing chores. She loves playing "mommy" and so that makes me "grandma" She's so sweet with her little dolls though. She is a good little mommy. She loves her new Jammies that match Daelyns, and always tries to make sure they can wear them on the same nights.



Holley started 2nd grade, and has an AMAZING teacher. She seems SO GROWN UP to me now. It just blows me away. She'll turn 8 and be baptized this December. And I just can't believe it. She loves being with her friends, and is already wanting a cell phone. (keep wishing honey.) She is also a good helper when I'm really needing an extra pair of "mommy hands". For months she begged for me to paint her room. Derek took her and Brinley camping for labor day, and I stayed here with Daelyn, and surprised them by painting an accent wall in their room while they were gone. She also entered her rock collection in the county fair, and won a blue ribbon! Yeah Holley! Here are pics from the first day of school, and in their "newly painted room".



I love it when all three of them play together and get along. It seems sadly that more often its screaming and fighting, but I caught a couple pictures of them getting along. They love to play dress-ups together, and there are some from a day that Daelyn was climbing all over Holley and Brinley while they were laying on the floor, and they all just thought it was the funniest thing.










Derek
Derek, is busy as always. Still loving teaching in Pima, and being with his girls when he gets a chance. A couple months ago, he was called as 2nd counselor in the bishopric, and has been enjoying this new calling, and working closly with our wonderful bishop. He also spends a lot of his time taking our girls to games at the school to give me a much needed break, and get some daddy time in. Between all that, and the occasional "honey-do" he rarely gets any time to do something for himself, but never complains. He is so good to us, and I really don't know how I lucked out and nabbed such a great husband.

Me
As for myself, like I said, I feel like I'm on overdrive with all the things I want to get done. Christmas projects, going through closets to pull out all the stuff that is WAY to small, (it's been a while, I emptied off like 100 hangers, and our closets feel much more roomy now.) Purging the house for stuff to donate to the DI, (not to mention repeatedly putting some items back in the DI boxes, after the girls try to "save" them. I want to redecorate every room, I think I'm just aching for a little change of scenery. I cut my hair boy short again, to eliminate the stress of dealing with my hair, and free myself up to spend time on the things I want to do. I don't have any decent pictures yet though, maybe later.

Anyway, that's enough for now, don't know when I'll update again, but at least you all know we're still here.

6 comments:

Dax and Steph said...

I feel bad we don't talk to you guys very often. Your girls are getting so big! They are are beautiful! We were hoping we might be able to come down for Holley's baptism but it is the weekend before Dax's finals so I doubt we will make it. Hopefully we can see you guys again sometime soon!

Jenn said...

Hooray, you blogged! :) It is so good to hear about what is going on in your life! And I am SERIOUSLY freaking out over how big your girls are! It is crazy! Holley is still a sunbeam in my mind! Craziness! Well we sure love and miss you guys!

Jessica said...

Yay for the update! My daughter is going to turn 8 this coming May and she's asked about the cell phone thing too. I honestly can't believe that 8 year olds have cell phones! Well, not mine!

Cute pictures of your girls too! My youngest child had the chubby feet issue as well. They are fun to tickle but hard to find comfy shoes for.
Post a picture of your hair!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Tara! I'm so glad I thought to look for you on facebook and then saw that you have a blog. This will be a perfect way for us to keep in touch. I'll have to invite you to my blog, it's private. Your girls are precious!! Thanks for the fun update. I know how you feel about getting overwhelmed when you get behind in blogging, but then feeling guilty for not wanting to do it. Agh... oh well.

kitty said...

Don't feel guilty Tara. You aren't blogging for others. You blog for yourself. I hope you print the pages because these entries make the perfect journal.

What a year you have had. Don't play catch up. Just start from where you are.

kitty said...

And yes. This post answered my question about your hair! I read things out of order. ;)

You look great. Wish I could pull off short hair like you do.